Cynthia speaks on a variety of parenting and educational topics geared toward parents. Click on the titles below for a more complete description
- Homeschooling, public schools, charter schools, and private schools – questions to ask before making a decision.
Challenging your gifted child
- Meeting your child’s academic, social, and creative needs
Homework tips and tricks
- Finding the routines that work for your student
Students who are not academically engaged
- Understanding your child’s learning style and how to tap into it
- Life lessons learned from my father
Do I dare admit that?
- A humorous look at the things we all do as parents but don’t really want to admit.
Parenting through adversity
- The challenges life gives us, and how we get through them.
Night time parenting
- Recognizing and meeting your child’s nighttime needs so everyone has a restful night
Avoiding power struggles
- Responding effectively to passive-aggressive and defiant behaviors
- Steps to raising confident young people who can navigate without you
- Understanding the unique developmental needs of this age and how to effectively parent through it