Technical Writing, Workshops, and Consulting
Cynthia provides technical writing services for school districts such as annual reports, strategic plans, employee handbooks and charter school renewal applications.
On a limited basis, she provides workshop trainings such as Every Teacher Writes! to help teachers feel more comfortable using writing in the classroom regardless of the subject taught. Or Aligning Curricula to State Standards.
Consulting services, including personalized consulting, is also an option. Click on the titles below for a more complete description of each.
- The school district provides the necessary information. The district will receive a professional and well-written annual report that meets MN requirements.
- Using the district’s planning documents, information will be formatted into two documents: a full strategic plan for implementation purposes and a summary document to share with various stakeholders. Formats can be determined by the district.
Charter School Renewals
- A cohesive document that meets authorizer and MDE requirements and is still personalized for your school.
- Includes a review the district’s current manual with an eye toward district policy and State/Federal law. Manual will be updated accordingly, along with information provided by the district.
Every Teacher Writes!
- Developing teachers’ comfort with the writing process in order to encourage writing in the classroom – regardless of subject. Ideas, strategies, and prompts are shared in this fun and lively workshop. 1-3 hours.
Habits of Discussion
- Teaching students the unwritten rules of participating in class discussions so they become better listeners, better readers. 2-3 hours.
Aligning Curricula with State Standards
- What to keep in, what to take out. Developing a cohesive scope and sequence while keeping your sanity. Half day or full day.
Implementing Staff Coaching
- Outlines the steps for implementing a mentoring program for teaching staff as a way to support professional practice.
Creating Strong Interview Tools
- Outline the steps for writing job criteria, and then interview questions. Do’s and don’ts of interviewing.
Writing Job Descriptions
- Outlines the steps for writing strong job descriptions across job categories that are in line with state and federal standards.
Teacher Evaluation Processes
- Developing evaluation tools that are in line with MN requirements. Ensuring inter/intra-rater reliability.
Charter School New Board Member Training
- For newly elected charter school board members, this training meets the six hours required by State law. Presented in partnership with The Anton Group.
- On a variety of topics. Contact Cynthia with your specific questions/needs.